Skiing is the favorite winter pastimes of many of us. End of the summer is coming up and already most of the fans of skiing and snowboarding started to consider the options for adventures in the forthcoming winter ski season. What could be better than enjoying the coldest winter days than making a booking at a good ski hotel in our favorite ski resort with our loved ones?
Over the recent years Bansko became the best winter resort for ski holidays to Bulgaria. After the ski zone development and extending opportunities for good hotel accommodation, Bansko has developed into one of the most popular ski resorts in Bulgaria offering excellent opportunities for long-term holiday and short weekend break down the slopes.
There are many hotels in Bansko ski resort. Which one fits best your needs?
The expansion of the ski area above the city, considerably increased the options for accommodation in the ski resort – both in the city center and in the area closer to the the mountain next to the first gondola station. If you are fan of the active night life, better option for your vacation are the hotels located at the center of Bansko around the church “St. Troica”, while if you’re travelling with your family and are looking for tranquility away from the noise of the main streets, incomparably better options for you will be the hotels in the region of the first gondola station next to the mountain.
Of course, we should not overlook the services offered by the place of stay.
What services should offer the best hotels in Bansko?
• Traditional Tavern /Mehana/ - We cannot imagine a stay in Bansko if not tasting traditional local specialties. The city offers not a big choice of over 140 Taverns. It will be preferable if the tavern provides authentic orchestra, which will much contribute to your better mood while enjoying the traditional specialties – Kapama and Chumlek.
• Spa Centre where you will be able to relax after the long day skiing. What better than swimming in the hotel indoor swimming pool, relaxing in the sauna or steam bath or having a massage right before dinner?
• If you are traveling with your family do not miss to check if the hotel offers a playground for your kids.
• Ski wardrobe would be a great convenience if you are a beginner skier and want to go down the track for the first time or just want to leave your own equipment in a safe suitable place.
• Baby care room will be a nice option, where you can easy and quick prepare meals for your younger kids.
How to make sure that the selected hotel in Bansko will actually meet your expectations?
When looking at the various offers for hotel accommodation it will be quite beneficial to read reviews on the internet left by previous guests of the property. Although there are numerous websites for hotel rankings the best places where you could check are Tripadvisor and Kayak. Their databases in most cases would will help you and make our choice much easier.
When do we have to book our ski vacation in Bansko?
Although there are more than 3 months until the beginning of the season, we recommend that the best time to book your ski package is not later than mid-September. I most cases at this time you will be able to take advantage of the early booking offers and will save up to 20% of the total price for your stay.